Melinda has been mediating professionally since 1994. Her practice includes both private clients and work for the New Hampshire Probate and Superior Courts, the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire, the EEOC and the Human Rights Commission. Melinda is trained in Powerful Non-Defensive Communication (PNDC). She is also a New Hampshire Certified Family Mediator.
Melinda uses her background in dispute resolution and conflict management to assist individuals and organizations in managing inter-personal conflict. She designs systems, coaches individuals, and facilitates conversations to allow teams and organizations to manage conflict in a productive way.
As an experienced trainer, Melinda develops and leads courses and programs in dispute resolution from basic mediation skills to advanced, specialized dispute resolution training.
Listening and counseling are skills I have strengthened over the years. I have been actively involved in dispute resolution since an early age. Mediation has been part of my practice since coming to New Hampshire in 1994. I have increased my activities since receiving my Certificate in Dispute Resolution from the University of Massachusetts. I enjoy helping others identify goals and learn about the perspective of others as we work together through the steps of mediation. Finding a workable resolution for all parties involved is strong motivation for me every day.
I use my background in dispute resolution to design and implement conflict management systems for businesses and other organizations. I train managers and employees in how to more productively deal with conflict and assist them in doing so. I respect the work individuals and work groups do to find a place of tolerance and cooperation in the workplace.
I especially enjoy training others as the develop their own dispute resolution skills. Our skills and ethics courses help students develop conflict management skills for themselves and others, both personally and professionally. I appreciate the work students undertake as they become comfortable with complex tools for working with others, either in negotiation, arbitration or mediation.
Since 2007, I have been named to Woodward and White’s Best Lawyers in America in dispute resolution.
You may contact me directly at [email protected] or call 603-225-0477.
- Certificate in Dispute Resolution, University of Massachusetts
- J.D., Northeastern University School of Law
- B.S., Albright College
- Hess Gehris Solutions
- Devine, Millimet & Branch, PA
- Morrison, Mahoney & Miller
- Claims Representative – Allstate Insurance
- President - The Non-Defensive Voice International
- Past-President - Board of Directors New Hampshire Conflict Resolution Association
- Adjunct Faculty - University of New Hampshire Law School
- Member - Association for Conflict Resolution
- Member - New England Chapter of the Association for Conflict Resolution
- Member - New Hampshire Bar Association ADR Section
- Member - New Hampshire Bar Association ADR Section Dispute Resolution Committee
- Since 2007, Woodward and White’s Best Lawyers in America in Dispute Resolution
- 2009 – New Hampshire Business Magazine – Best in Dispute Resolution
- New Hampshire Magazine – Top Lawyers – Dispute Resolution
- Trustee - Fuller Public Library
- Graduate - Leadership New Hampshire