Lauren Girard Adams
As a mediator, Lauren works with individual and business clients to resolve employment, family, personal injury, real estate, and other civil litigation matters. As a workplace conflict management consultant, Lauren supports leaders, teams and individuals in managing conflict in the workplace and achieving positive change. Lauren works with clients at all levels — from leadership to individual contributors — as they move through conflict and improve workplace dynamics and overall culture. Lauren’s practice focuses on breaking down barriers to effective communication and teamwork, as well as identifying and building upon individual and team strengths to maximize collaboration and productivity.
Lauren’s experience includes training in Success Counseling, Powerful Non-Defensive Communication (PNDC) and Reflective Structured Dialogue (RSD). Lauren completed Champlain College’s Basic Mediation Course, the Advanced Mediation Training Program through Hess Gehris Solutions and the NH Certified Family Mediation Training through Roundtable Mediation.
Prior to returning to New England, Lauren was a Clinical Assistant Professor of Law at Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law. While teaching at Northwestern, she advocated for youth in school expulsion proceedings and represented children in juvenile court. Prior to teaching at Northwestern, Lauren clerked for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Lauren also worked as an associate in the Employment & Compensation Group at Baker & McKenzie in Chicago.
As a mediator, facilitator and conflict resolution consultant, I enjoy helping clients identify issues, understand varying perspectives and find solutions that improve outcomes. As a conflict management consultant, I work with clients to reduce conflict, enhance collaboration and design and implement strategies to maximize productivity. As someone who has lived on several continents, and has been active on many different Boards, I understand the importance of listening thoughtfully and making room for diverse opinions. I value collaboration and transparency, and believe that strong relationships and excellent communication in the workplace are key to employee satisfaction and overall productivity.
When working with families in transition, I help clients create their own unique road map for the future through a fair, impartial and respectful process. In business and civil mediations, I work with attorneys and individuals to resolve disputes efficiently and avoid costly litigation wherever possible.
- J.D., Cum Laude, Northwestern University School of Law
- B.A., Cum Laude, Skidmore College
- PRISM/Hess Gehris Solutions
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Associate, Employment & Compensation Group, Baker & McKenzie, Chicago
- Past Chair and Member of the Children’s Rights Litigation Committee of the ABA Section of Litigation
- Mediator for the NH Human Rights Commission
- Past Chair and Member, Upper Valley Regional Advisory Board, New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- Member, WISE Board of Directors
- New Hampshire Bar News, Alternative Dispute Resolution: A Flexible Approach to ADR Assists Families in Transition
- New Hampshire Bar News, Family Law: Exploring Underused ADR Options for Families in Transition