Lauren Girard Adams
Lauren’s practice focuses on workplace conflict management consulting, family and divorce mediation, and business and civil litigation mediation. In her organizational development practice, Lauren enjoys working with clients to move through conflict and achieve cultural change within their organizations. As a mediator, Lauren works with clients to resolve employment, family, personal injury, real estate, malpractice, small business, probate and other matters.
Lauren’s training includes Champlain College’s Basic Mediation Course, the Advanced Mediation Training Program through Hess Gehris Solutions, and the NH Certified Family Mediation Training through Roundtable Mediation. Lauren also is trained in Powerful Non-Defensive Communication (PNDC) and Reflective Structured Dialogue (RSD).
Prior to returning to New England, Lauren was a Clinical Assistant Professor of Law at Northwestern University Pritzger School of Law. While teaching at Northwestern, she advocated for youth in school expulsion proceedings and represented children in juvenile court. Prior to teaching at Northwestern, Lauren clerked for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Lauren also worked as an associate in the Employment & Compensation Group at Baker & McKenzie in Chicago.
As a mediator, facilitator, and conflict resolution consultant, I enjoy helping clients identify issues, understand varying perspectives, and find solutions that improve outcomes. In family mediations, I help clients create their own unique roadmap for the future through a fair, impartial, and respectful process. In business and civil mediations, I work with attorneys and individuals to resolve disputes and avoid costly litigation wherever possible.
As an organizational development and workplace conflict management consultant, I work with clients to reduce conflict, enhance collaboration, and design and implement strategies to maximize productivity. As someone who has lived on several continents, and has participated on many different Boards, I understand the importance of listening thoughtfully and making room for diverse opinions. I also greatly value collaboration and transparency, and believe that strong relationships and excellent communication in the workplace are key to employee satisfaction and overall productivity.
You may contact me directly at [email protected] or call 603-225-0477.
- J.D., Cum Laude, Northwestern University School of Law
- B.A., Cum Laude, Skidmore College
- Hess Gehris Solutions
- Vitt & Associates
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Law, Northwestern University School of Law
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Employment & Compensation Group, Baker & McKenzie, Chicago
- Past Chair and Member of the Children’s Rights Litigation Committee of the ABA Section of Litigation
- Member of Board of Trustees, Child and Family Services of NH
- Member of Regional Advisory Board, New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- Mediator for the NH Human Rights Commission
- New Hampshire Bar News, Alternative Dispute Resolution: A Flexible Approach to ADR Assists Families in Transition
- New Hampshire Bar News, Family Law: Exploring Underused ADR Options for Families in Transition