Deborah Kane Rein
Deborah has retired from her mediation practice with Hess Gehris Solutions.
After a professional career – as legal aid lawyer, Family Court jurist, and then family mediator – Deborah and her husband, Richard, are moving to Florida to focus on outdoor recreation and relaxation. Their summers will be spent at the Finger Lakes in New York, where two of their children and grandchildren are located.
Deborah was the first mediator employed by Melinda Gehris and Carol Hess. Since then, Hess Gehris Solutions has turned into a leading provider of conflict management services in New England, with five professionals working with clients in mediation, facilitation, training and individualized conflict coaching for industry and business.
Deborah’s association with Hess Gehris Solutions has been a source of deep professional pride and personal satisfaction. She will miss the lawyers and the clients for whom she has the most profound regard as they wend their way through the difficult emotional course of divorce and separation. Deborah hopes to use her mediation training and experience to good use, living in a Florida community of mostly retirees with a lot of time on their hands to engage in conflict.
Should you need assistance with divorce and family mediation, please contact [email protected] and one of my partners will be happy to schedule a time to speak with you about your mediation needs.
- J.D., UNH School of Law (Franklin Pierce Law Center)
- A.B., Smith College
- Hess Gehris Solutions
- Mediator, Rein Mediation
- Marital Master, New Hampshire Judicial Branch
- Director/Faculty, Guardian ad Litem Clinical Program, Franklin Pierce Law Center (UNH School of Law)
- Staff Attorney, New Hampshire Legal Assistance
- Staff Attorney, Legal Services of Middle Tennessee
- Co-Chair, Board of Directors, New Hampshire Legal Assistance and Legal Advice and Referral Center
- Winner of the 2010 NH Women's Bar Association Marilla M. Ricker Achievement Award
- State of NH Family Mediation Certification Board
- NH Supreme Court Access to Justice Commission
- NH/Vologada Partnership /Committee
- Russian/American Rule of Law Consortium
- NH Children's Trust Fund, past President
- NH Task Force Against Child Abuse and Neglect, past President
- Compromising the Best Interests of New Hampshire’s Children: The Failure to Fund Guardians ad Litem for Children Living in Poverty by Rein, Dickinson, Silverman: NH Bar Journal, Summer 2010
- New Hampshire Bar News, Alternative Dispute Resolution: A Flexible Approach to ADR Assists Families in Transition
- New Hampshire Bar News, Family Law: Exploring Underused ADR Options for Families in Transition
- New Hampshire Bar News (with Frank Kenison), Facilitating Difficult Family Discussions in Family and Probate Law