Carol is an attorney who has combined her extensive 20+ year litigation experience with her training in communication, mediation and conflict resolution to form the basis of her dispute resolution and communication facilitation practice. After serving as a Superior Court law clerk, Carol represented clients in state and federal courts throughout New Hampshire.
In 2017 Carol made the decision to move to Colorado to be closer to family. As a result, as of June 1 she will no longer maintain a NH mediation practice. She will continue to work with organizations to facilitate retreats, help resolve conflict, develop healthy board practices and lead high-conflict discussion sessions for groups and individuals experiencing conflict. Carol is also available to lecture and teach about conflict resolution and the practice of mediation.
My practice has been focused on mediation and group facilitation in New England since 2003. While actively practicing law, I tried in excess of 100 cases. This trial experience helped me to develop very strong analytical skills as well as the ability to listen to and understand multiple points of view. I have had training in dialogue and deliberative practices and coaching and have studied how people make decisions. It is a joy to be able to use the skills I have developed to help people work through their conflicts to find a resolution that works for all parties. I look forward to expanding my practice to Colorado and returning to New Hampshire to work with my wonderful co-collaborators at Hess Gehris.
You may contact me directly at [email protected] or call 603-496-4912.
- J.D., Franklin Pierce Law Center, 1979
- B.A., University of Rochester, 1974
- NH Superior Court Law Clerk
- Public Defender
- Law Office of Kenneth G. Bouchard
- Law Office of Carol Hess and Linda Fraas
- Hess Mediation
- Hess Gehris Solutions
- New Hampshire Superior Court Rule 32 Mediator
- Human Rights Commission Mediator
- Immediate Past President of Piscataquog Land Conservancy www.plcnh.org
- Chair of the Whipple Free Library Foundation
- Winner of the 2014 NH Women's Bar Association Marilla M. Ricker Achievement Award