Lauren Girard Adams
Lauren’s practice focuses on workplace conflict management consulting, as well as family mediation and civil litigation mediation. In her organizational development practice, Lauren enjoys working with clients to achieve cultural change within their organizations. As a mediator, Lauren has experience in helping clients resolve employment, family, personal injury, real estate, malpractice, small business, probate and other matters.
Lauren is trained in Powerful Non-Defensive Communication (PNDC), and has also completed several mediation training programs including Champlain College’s Basic Mediation Course, the Advanced Mediation Training Program through Hess Gehris Solutions, and the NH Certified Family Mediation Training through Roundtable Mediation.
Lauren is a former Clinical Assistant Professor of Law at Northwestern University School of Law. While teaching at Northwestern, she advocated for youth in school expulsion and suspension matters and represented children in juvenile delinquency proceedings. Prior to teaching at Northwestern, Lauren clerked for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. Lauren also worked as an associate at Baker & McKenzie in Chicago, where she helped clients improve employment practices and policies.
As a mediator, facilitator, and conflict resolution consultant, I enjoy helping clients identify issues, understand varying perspectives, and find solutions. In family mediations, I help clients create their own unique roadmap for the future through a fair, impartial, and respectful process. In business and civil mediations, I work with attorneys and individuals to resolve disputes and avoid costly litigation wherever possible.
As an organizational development consultant, I work with businesses, non-profits, and other entities to design and implement organizational conflict management solutions in busy workplace environments. As someone who has lived on several continents, and has participated on many different Boards, I understand the importance of listening thoughtfully and making room for diverse opinions. I also greatly value collaboration and transparency, and believe that strong relationships and excellent communication in the workplace are key to employee satisfaction and overall productivity.
You may contact me directly at Lauren@HessGehris.com or call 603-225-0477.
- J.D., Cum Laude, Northwestern University School of Law
- B.A., Cum Laude, Skidmore College
- Hess Gehris Solutions
- Vitt & Associates
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Law, Northwestern University School of Law
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Baker & McKenzie, Chicago
- Past Chair and Member of the Children’s Rights Litigation Committee of the ABA Section of Litigation
- Member of Board of Trustees, Child and Family Services of NH
- Member of Regional Advisory Board, New Hampshire Charitable Foundation
- Mediator for the NH Human Rights Commission
- New Hampshire Bar News, Alternative Dispute Resolution: A Flexible Approach to ADR Assists Families in Transition
- New Hampshire Bar News, Family Law: Exploring Underused ADR Options for Families in Transition